Universities & Colleges
- for students: view lectures from any place in the world, either on your laptop, PDA or iPod
- for professors and lecturers: make your lectures accessible for a wider range of audience
- for universities: offer your students enhanced learning options, be ahead of others,....
- internal training programs, e.g. for new employees
- archiving of seminars and workshops
- recording of product presentations
- online events
- transmission of events such as annual general meetings (AGM) via the Internet
Congress Centers & Hotels
- in-house recording system to be hired to clients
- multi-platform and multi-fomat distribution of seminars and workshops
- live or on-demand broadcasting of events
- transmission of events such as annual general meetings (AGM) via the Internet and the preparation of "give-aways"
- training and education
- provision of content for disabled persons
- online events
tele-TASK has proven its outstanding usability in several projects. The system was used for the first time in 2002 for a course in computer science at the University of Trier. Today, several courses at the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) are recorded and streamed using tele-TASK. Even students from Beijing Technical University in China now "attend" HPI courses via the Internet, for example the course "Internet Security" led by Professor Meinel.
As Professor Meinel explains: "The tremendous response to our new tele-TASK technology is the result of its optimal combination of quality and easy use."
In addition to smooth video images and sound, the system also delivers a simultaneous hi-resolution video feed of the instructor's computer's screen content. "It even includes the markups, animations and other content that take place during the presentation," notes Meinel. Using an "electronic blackboard" and its corresponding "pens" to project his presentations, Meinel uses this feature to add remarks in handwriting. Yet another advantage of the tele-TASK system over other solutions is its highly simplified accessibility. Users need only a modem Internet connection and RealPlayer, a program that can be downloaded for free. The system thus allows participation from home as well as from the office.
tele-TASK has enjoyed overwhelming success, counting about 29 million visits to the website as of January 2013. Have a look for yourself and try out the online courses - either live or via on-demand delivery!