Frequently Asked Questions
- What is tele-TASK?
Tele-TASK is a proven and widly-used system for creating tele-eaching contents. It can help people with or without technical background to record lectures in a convinient, cheap, multimedia way. The lectures can be broadcasted at the same time or accessed on-demand. Teachers and students and any people involved in tele-teaching can benefit from tele-TASK system. With several-year successful practice, tele-TASK has become more and more powerful.
- What are the typical application scenarios of tele-TASK?
tele-teaching, e-learning, conference/symposium recording, tele-medicine, corporate training, product demonstration etc.
- Can I use arbitrary applications like presentation programs (e.g., MS PowerPoint) with tele-TASK?
Yes. The concept of tele-TASK ensures that you have the free choice to use any software you like. For example, you can use your preferred presentation program like MS PowerPoint and don't need to adapt yourself to proprietary software.
- Do I need special software to access online content or recorded material made with tele-TASK?
No, all you need is the free Real Player software. Most of the time, this software is already installed on your PC. An alternative player for Windows users is MediaPlayer Classic. Thus, you can use tele-task powered content with just a single click!
- Do I need a special (firewall-)configuration to access online content or recorded material made with tele-TASK?
If your access to the internet is secured by a firewall, please ensure that the RealPlayer can use the ports 8080 and 554. For more information please read the section "How do I configure RealPlayer to work with a firewall?" from the Real Customer Support.
- Is it possible to improve the quality of the desktop video for special applications, e.g. video in video or very detailed drawings?
Yes, of course you can very easily improve the quality of both, the camera and the desktop video (combined or separately), which will result in an higher bandwith.
- Can I use our own logos in each recording with any configuration?
Yes, you can. Normally, you can change the logo by writing a new smil file for the playback of the recorded streams. If you work in live mode and change view mode frequently, please contact our support staff for an efficient solution.
Technics and Equipment
- When I first use the video camera, there are flips or abnormal lighting, are these problems from the tele-TASK software?
No. Please check your camera whether it works in "Demo" mode. For lighting problems, please adapt the camera to your particular capturing environment with the help of camera's mannual.
- Can I start or stop camera anytime?
Yes! The video/audio works with analogue cable and card. It is very stable to capture video/audio inputs. However, we recommend you don't change camera connection when you are recording, otherwise some video/audio data will get lost.
- I get no signal from the presentation computer (e.g. laptop). What can I do?
Please check the connection (VGA cable). Try switching the monitor input of the laptop. Usually this is done by pressing the Fn key and one of the F-Keys simultaneously. Consult your laptop's user manual.
- The audio recorded is noisy? What happens?
The battery might be low. Check the connection of the audio cables. Any instable connection will cause noise. We recommend: in each recording, please ensure the battery has enough power. The user can also monitor the sound using earphone or watching the volume fluctuation of the the volume metric bar displayed on the server side (t-Cube).
- If the system is completely destroyed, what can I do?
We recommend you first contact our technical staff. If there is no serious problem, you can tackle the problem under instructions. Otherwise, you should reinstall the whole system with the recovery CDs.
- I am a content provider and would like to know how to produce online content or data media like CD-ROMs with tele-TASK. What do I need?
In this case, the best solution is to contact us directly. In advance, we would like to reassure you that you will be surprised by the simplicity and efficiency of the tele-TASK system!
Streaming and Network
- Can I configure the IP configuration of t-Cube by using client tele-TASK software?
You can if you have administrator privileges. On the client computer, connect to http://192.168.0.1/admin.html.
- Is a fast internet connection like a company leased line required?
No. tele-TASK supports different net bandwidths and can be used with any internet connection like modem, ISDN, GPRS, UMTS, Cable or DSL. For higher quality a faster Internet connection is recommended though.
- Can I use tele-TASK without an internet connection?
Yes. Of course you can view tele-TASK powered content "offline" on digital media like CD-ROM or DVD. For example, content providers can create course material including all presentations (with video, audio and the content of the tutor's desktop) for course attendees so they can re-view their seminars at home for better understanding.